I am a Fiscal Conservative with a background in business, management and education. I strongly believe that many government jobs can be done more effectively and economically by the private sector. This includes many of the responsibilities of the Department of Public Instruction. In doing so, we can reduce government spending and create jobs.
I believe in school choice and vouchers as well as allowing home school students access to extra curricular activities at the public school.
I am the only true fiscal conservative candidate that wants to drastically reduce the size and scope of the DPI. I want to see true local control to allow local districts to decide what is best for their children. This will also allow local districts to work with local businesses and industry to design programs to have students not intending to attend college to be job ready upon graduation. This in turn will attract new business and create jobs. All companies want job ready workers and would provide funding to the districts for these programs reducing the need for increasing taxes for education. Please visit my Facebook campaign page for more information.
My focus will be reducing the $340+ Million budget in the Raleigh DPI and returning the money to the counties for increased educational opportunities that focus on the needs of our children.
The best interest of students in North Carolina should be determined at the local level. We all know that local control is always the most effective and allows for a grassroots effort to improve the education of our children. Allowing local school districts to partner with local business and industry to develop technical and career education programs, will ensure students are job ready upon graduation. The focus of education must be to prepare our students for life after high school, whether it be college, vocational school or the job market.
Our volunteer base is growing daily. Please sign up for updates on Facebook and Twitter.(See below) You too can make a difference. Sign up for our newsletter, or call to volunteer. Thank you for your support! Call Richard today to pledge your support at 704-320-4219.
- A.A. Kemper Military College
- B.S. University of Missouri
- Florida Atlantic University – Advanced Educational Coursework Special Education
- Florida Southern College – Educational Coursework Special Education
- 17 years as an educator (grades 3- 12)
- Board Member of the Union County Public Library
- Past President of a National Medical Equipment Supply Company, increasing sales from $7 Million to $14 Million per year.
- Former Army Officer with service in Operation Desert Storm
- Former Board Member of Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- Former Member of the Parent Advisory Committee for Boy’s and Girl’s Club
- Past Vice President of the Foster and Adoptive parent Association
- Past Member of the Union County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
- Past Member of the Union County Gang Task Force
- Past Member of the Union County Educational Foundation Steering Committee
- Founding Member of the Chapter 95, Union County Disabled American Veterans(DAV)
Republican Party Involvement
- Chairman, Precinct 30 Union County
- Member, NC Republican Executive Committee
- Past President, Union County Republican Men’s Club
- Current Vice President, Union County Republican Men’s Club
2nd Primary Election July 17
Early Voting begins June 28th
Let’s Put Education in the Hands of Local Citizens and Parents.
Alexander beat his opponent in 64 of 100 counties in the Primary May 8th. We need your vote on July 17, 2012. Mark your calendar today!Filed under | Comments Off